Travel & Lifestyle - Melbourne adventures
As many as you may know - I am a sucker and lover for traveling! Always happy to get out of Perth, explore another country and/or state and visit yummy enticing places that get me excited to try out.
I was lucky enough to head over to Melbourne for a College reunion with two of my fav Aussie girls that I met whilst studying in Florida. Evie and Tessa are my close gal pals who were like sisters to me and literally family while living there. I'm sure you are aware - but when one lives in another country, any little thing that reminds one about Australia - you instantly attach yourself too! Cause at the end of the day - theres no place like home. So Evie lives in Melbourne, Tessa is from Hobart and myself from Perth. So we did a catchup and stayed with Evie and her family for a week.
We explored the outer suburbs of Melbourne and got to see what it was like to be a real living 'Melbournian'. We visited Evies favorited and local cafe spots, was lucky enough to participate in a Wine Tour, checked out some funky farmers markets, and did a bit of shopping on Chapel Street, Brunswick and Melbourne Central.
Then in the middle of July I flew back to Melbourne for a working holiday with my family busines @BEYONDTOOLS instagram page and our website is www.beyondtools.com - our company is a 'tool mans heaven' good quality hardware store. We had a large 3 day expo at the Melbourne Convention Centre and the best part was that I was able to experience the event and work with my family. After the expo had finished - I was lucky enough to catch up with my Pertherian babe Tahlia Jade (beautiful makeup artist located now in Melb her instagram is @tahliajade) - we caught up for brunch, went shopping and explored.
All the cafes we ate at literally where delicious, scrumptious and I simply couldn't fault. I want to comply a list of the places we visited and ate at so if you ever visit Melbourne or plan on going any time soon - you need to check these places OUWWWWT.
1. Collective Espresso - 1/3 Cookson St, Camberwell VIC 3124
2. Magic Mountain Bar Saloon - 62 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
This place was so cool - we where lucky enough to book a table for 6 girls, and the food was yum and the cocktails where even better offering modern day thai food.
3. Santuccis Cafe - 1392 Toorak Rd, Camberwell VIC 3124
This little joint was super last minute - and it was right around the corner of Evies University - Deakin University so its her local little hang out.
4. Mr Mister Cafe - 161 Chapel St, Windsor VIC 3181
We ate out in the courtyard - this joint was so different, really modern and super sheik.
5. Dinner - Rice, Paper, Scissors in Fitzroy - 19 Liverpool St, Melbourne VIC 3000
This place was a Southeast Asian share plates in a rustic stone-and-brick space with hanging bikes and a buzzy vibe.
6. After dinner we went to Naked for Satan rooftop bar - for a scrumptious cocktail infused vodka and antique style.
7. I work at General Pants and we met some cool dudes that invited us to a real hipster outdoor bar Buzzy open-air bar with drinks served from a shipping container, DJs and graffiti-covered walls called Section 8 - 27-29 Tattersalls Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
8. Matcha Mylkbar - 72 Acland Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, VIC is a yummy healthy vegan place in St Kilda - this place was so cool, they have created and trade stamped their very own vegan eggs! They also invented different coloured and flavored Latte's. Tahlia and I hade a Smurf blue one and a Beetroot red one.
9. Tall Timber - 60 Commercial Rd, Prahran VIC 3181 in Chapel street/Prahan! This place was beautiful and so delish and funnily enough, it was parallel to PERTH road haha.
Well that sums up my incredible time away full of food, laughters, shopping and never ending exploring.
Happy eating and exploring my lovelies!
#MelbourneCup #Melbournecity #Australia #fashionblog #exploring #friends #family #westcoast #eastcoast #chapelstreet #toorakroad #travels #Hobart #Urbanlistmelbourne #foodblog #fooei #australianfood #cafes #melbournecafes